Frequently Asked Questions About Study in Canada

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers Regarding Study In Canada

These are frequently asked questions that our student ask.

What Is Minimum English Test Score & Academic Percentage To Study In Canada?

Different institutions and programs accept a different level of English score and Academy percentage.

However, the primary requirement: for an undergraduate degree is IETLS 6.5 not less than 6 each band or Equiv. and % above 55 or Equiv.

For Post Graduate Diplomas – IELTS 6.5 not less than 6 each band or Equiv. , For Master IELTS 7 with not less 6.5 or Equiv.

Yet, there are some colleges and universities where they accept conditionally or gracefully if you have a strong profile. Therefore, It is advisable to visit Popular Consultancy in Putalisadak, Kathmandu.

How many Years of Gap Is Acceptable To Study In Canada?

This is a very general question. There are no institutions in Canada which apparently rejects students on the basis of Gap.

However, it is assessed on the basis of gap genuinely and productivity. What have you been doing during those gap years?

If you have been working, you can for sure compassionate with knowledge and can justify your gap. There are some cases where Nepalese students have got study permit after 12 years of study gap too. Again, it depends on the chosen program, genuine intention to study.

What’s The Difference Between A College And A University In Canada?


Colleges of applied arts and technology have a full-time and part-time diploma and certificate programs. Many also offer Bachelor degrees in applied areas of study.

Colleges tend to be more directly career-oriented than universities. This means they offer practical or hands-on training. Generally, a certificate program is 1 year or less, and a diploma program is 2 or 3 years.

Colleges also have pre-trades and apprenticeship training, language training and skills upgrading.

Some Ontario colleges focus on agriculture, health science, art or military programs.



Universities are institutions that can grant degrees. All universities have undergraduate (bachelor’s) degrees, and many have graduate (Master’s and doctoral) programs. Universities in Ontario are independent. Although they receive funding from the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, each institution is self-governing and regulates its own programs, admissions and faculty.

Undergraduate degrees usually take 3-4 years to complete, if you study full-time. An “honours degree” (the fourth year) is usually required if you want to go to a graduate program (Master’s degree). Many universities allow students to combine subject areas (e.g., a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biology) into a “double major.”

Many universities also offer professional programs, such as medicine, dentistry and law. In some cases, you can begin these programs after 2 or 3 years of undergraduate study.

An educational institution cannot grant a degree in Ontario unless the provincial government has given it this right. There are private institutions in Ontario that have been given partial degree-granting authority. All of these schools are denominational, which means that they have a religious affiliation.

What Is The Difference Between Post Graduate Diploma & Master Degree?

Most of the Nepalese students get confused between these Degrees. PG Diplomas are more professional and specialized and it is simply done after ( Post ) Graduate which means bachelor. Different Colleges and university offer PG diplomas in many subjects but not all master degrees could be available. PG Diplomas are specific, professional and get a higher degree of employability and speedy learning. Please watch this youtube video to get a general idea of the difference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIHJWgO7lWo

What Are Different Intakes In Canada?

The general intakes are Jan/Feb , April / May & Sep/ Oct . However, some colleges and universities may not have all intakes for all programs. As Canadian High Commission encourage international students to apply in advance sometime even one year earlier.

It means, you can actually apply for 2020 Jan intake now and apply for Study Permit. We have many examples where students have got visa one year earlier than the actual commencement date of the program. It also happens students from all over the world wants to study in Canada and there are limited numbers of seats, so students are obliged to apply available intakes. For more, please visit or contact Popular Consultancy.

What Is Reputations Of Canadian Colleges And University ?

Canadian Education System is highly recognized and respected around the world. There are basically two types of institutions in Canada; Private and Public or Publicly Funded. Popular Consultancy counsels students for the government and publicly funded top colleges and universities in Canada.

What Is Minimum Academic Percentage Required?

For Canada, it is very important that you have an academically strong profile. However, if you have less than 55% or Equiv. in academics, you should compensate for this weakness with strong English Test Score, Work experience and a well-written statement of purpose.

Do I Need To Pay Tuition Fee In Advance?

It is not mandatory to pay the tuition fee in advance. Yet we encourage students to pay at least one semester or where possible one-year tuition fee to the institution, just to demonstrate seriousness in the study. However, Please note that you are supposed to pay a one-year tuition fee before you fly, your counsellor will explain this.

Book Free Consultation

If you want to get a free consultation without any obligations, fill in the form below and we'll get in touch with you.

    Get a response via call or email
    Virtual counseling in Whatsapp or Viber